Baldor Servo Motor Repair
Servotech is a warranty center for Baldor. It is important to have a good working relationship with any manufacturer of servo motors in order to effectively repair their products. Servotech possesses all of the necessary technical documents needed to complete repairs correctly. We also have access to Baldor stock motors and parts, which means anything we can’t personally fix or re-manufacture can be purchased from the factory directly at a good rate.
Nonetheless, our access to parts and information does not make our evaluation or repair process any less stringent or detail oriented. Baldor servo motor repair demands a good mechanical understanding of how servo motors work, as well as a strong background in electrical concepts.
For example, Baldor servo motors used in robotics can sometimes have resolvers with three different resolutions (not to be confused with speeds) and run at 6000 RPM.
Years of experience and a commitment to excellence make Servotech an outstanding repair center for everything Baldor. Each motor that enters the shop is evaluated and tested against factory specification and will not receive our certificate of refurbishment unless it meets or surpasses those specifications.
1. Evaluation of Your Baldor Servo Motor
Servotech commences evaluation with the inspection of mechanical parts, and electrical components on all Baldor servo motors. We check:
- Bearing fits
- Housing fits
- Low brake torque
- Worn output shafts
- Corroded and/or broken flanges
- Corroded Power Plugs
- Misaligned Encoders
A typical Baldor when it arrives in the shop, and then after we service it.
2. Motor Repair
We manufacture or repair any problems found during our evaluation, fixing any part that does not meet the factory specifications. Often we:
- Remagnetize rotor magnets.
- Surface grind and re-gap brake plates for proper holding torque and pick voltages.
- Re-manufacture a new Baldor servo motor front flange using the old flange and factory dimensions.
- Repair all the windings. Both AC and DC servo motors windings are washed, baked and tested.
- Repair or replace brush holders and Bake-O-Lite insulation tubes on DC motors.